Saturday, January 6, 2007

Toasting the New Year and Setting Goals

Shortly after posting to my new blog my staff and I had a toast - to a new year, new goals, new blog, new knowledge, new friends, new business, new SHOES - all things new. In fact, I was so excited to share this with some of my friends, that when Leah Jackman-Wheitner invited members (of Denise Michaels' Real Women, Real Business, Real Success forum on RYZE) to post their New Year's Goals, I couldn't wait to share mine.

Here's what I wrote:

My goals have been clearly set since about December 15 - so thanks for the reminder to put them out there - a great way to help us with accountability - tell the world!

Here they are:

To establish 2 blogs - one for me and one for the WECAI Network™. Half of this one is done! I just started my blog today - after reading Leah's request for sharing goals I got to work - mind you it is just a page and I will add to it daily such as links, resources, etc.

To Launch the WeChamber (we are in the countdown now and this "should be ready to launch any day now) - God willing and my web designer cooperating.

To write my next book - "From Wantrepreneur to Entrepreneur" (The outline and one chapter are finished).

To increase membership in The WECAI Network™ by 20% (we now have 1032 members). We have so many ideas for benefits that the only thing holding us back is the time to implement them. This is going to be an exciting year for us.

To learn something new every day - today I learned that if you hold down the ALT key and simultaneously type the numbers "0153" you get the ™ symbol when typing a plain text documents. Thanks Suzannah for teaching me this one!

To finish my new presentation "Power of the Mouse" because that is what people are asking me to speak about these days (I have 3 programs coming up between March and May on this very topic).

So there you have it. Or do you? Have you taken the time to set your goals? Have you thought about how you are going to accomplish them? Have you ranked them in the order of importance to you and your overall mission in life? If so, Congratulations! If you haven't yet done so, I encourage you to start thinking about them today. WRITE THEM DOWN and TELL YOUR CIRCLE what they are. You will be amazed at your level of commitment when you share your goals with others.

If you are so inclined, I inivte you to check out my article, A New Year, a New You - Marketing Resolutions that will Improve Your Image and Your Bottm Line at: http://www.speakingwithspirit.com/ANewYearANewYou.asp

As I sit here writing (and enjoying a Margarita) my wish for each of you is to achieve all the goals you set for yourself ... and then some.

Warmest regards,

Heidi

Ps. And if you are inclined, make yourself a margarita while your at it.

1 comment:

Teresa M said...

Hi Heidi,

I just wanted to say congrads on your blog and I look forward to reading your posts because I know that they will contain insightful and encouraging information.

I will be talking with you on Wednesday at the eWedenday Chats.

Sincerely,

Teresa Morrow
Morr Services, Inc.
www.morrservices.com