Saturday, January 6, 2007

Getting on the Blog Wagon

Today I decided it was time to get on the blog-wagon. Actually it’s been a goal of mine for nearly a year now. Something inside me has been yearning to take this blogging thing seriously for my business and for my own sense of satisfaction. And yet it scared me! After all who would read it? And what could I say that hasn’t been said hundreds of times before by others? Then I realized … blogging is a great platform to put your ideas and thoughts out there for posterity. And maybeeven my family and close friends will read it!

Those of you who know me know it’s not just about me, however. It’s about you, providing you with value, with insight and maybe even helping you to learn something the “easy way,” instead of having to start from scratch and learn from the “ground up.”

After all, I consider myself somewhat of a mentor – it excites me to see others grow and prosper, knowing I had a small part in their success. It is the greatest gift I can offer this world.

And we are in the WEB 2.0 generation. So blogging is becoming the “norm” for people who take the Internet seriously. Many of my friends and colleagues have inspired me over the years and blogging about it is a great way to publicly thank them. Women such as Suzannah Richards (my business partner and youngest daughter), Gina Aronoff (my Office Manager and right hand), Linda Pereira of
CPL Events in Portugal, Mary Hunt, author of In Women We Trust, Holly Buchanan of Marketing to Women Online, Toby Bloomberg of Diva Marketing, Yvonne DiVita of Lip-Sticking, Teresa Morrow of Morr Services and others whom you will read about in the days, weeks, months and years to come.

And then there’s the men – Jay Berkowitz of
Ten Golden Rules (who teaches the world about WEB 2.0), Bob Burg, author of Endless Referrals (who taught me the art and science of networking early in my career), Dan Poynter, author of The Self Marketing Manual (who inspired me to publish 8 of my books), Tom Antion who shares his Internet Marketing Secrets with everyone, Terry Brock who is one of my Technology Coaches, Jim Barber, of The Barber Shop who believed in me when I didn’t, John Dennison and Mark Halpert my mastermind buddies… and the list goes on.

The idea that I can post my random thoughts that really have no where to go – except my head – is really exciting. It is really cool to comment on the “world” and then be able to access it immediately. This blog thing is instant gratification at its best. My suggestion to you – if you haven’t gotten on the blog wagon yet, 2007 is the perfect time to do it. Don’t wait ‘til 2008 – it might be too late.

To your success... and then some!

Heidi




1 comment:

Toby said...

Heidi - thank you for your kind words. All I can say is .. it's about time you joined the conversation girlfriend! Seriously, I'm looking forward to your blog. Welcome to the blogosphere .. and I hope you have as much fun as I've had with Diva Marketing Blog.