Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Girls Just Wanna Have FUN!

5 Words were never truer!

And combine fun with a Fourth of July Celebration and you've got nirvana....

Let me begin at the beginning.

It all started with Mothers Day. As you may know Im a retail florist (and have been for 28 years). So while others are celebrating holidays with their family and friends I am working with mine. Yes, they all come in to help out and have some fun - we all enjoy seeing the feelings of joy people experience from sending and receiving flowers (I'll save that for another post).

This Mother's Day was typical of the previous 27 in my business. I worked alongside my two daughters and husband and a few friends. This alone is a wonderful mothers day gift! But my Girls didn't stop there! Jennifer and Suzannah decided to schedule a "girls getaway" weekend at a spa for all three of us! They booked the Trump International Beach Resort on Sunny Isles Beach in Florida (Miami). It was heavenly! And it started on Friday, July 4th!

On Friday, we just hung out by the pool, had a some great food (and even invited my hubby and the grandchildren to spend the afternoon with us). Then we sent them on their way to begin our weekend of luxury and pampering. On Saturday morning we went to the SPA, and partook of their many treatments including a Swedish Massage (given by Chris), a perfect facial (by Janine) and rejuvenating body scrub (by Catarina). We had lunch, hung out by the pool, went to dinner and ended the day with a movie - finally saw Sex and the City - which was so much fun with my girls!

Sunday we started over with more yummy treatments at the spa and laughs and hugs and just simply relaxing.

When we got home I was like mush and didn't do much of anything (except lounge by the pool).

The most important part was spending time with Jennifer and Suzannah. They are my best friends in the whole world (and I have a few other best friends). Nothing compares to a great relationship with your children (and parents). I am so lucky to have both.

Almost at the same time Jennifer, Suzannah and I said, let's make this an annual event! I'm there already!

The Trump Resort was a first class experience - Maya Frenkiel, Guest Relations Coordinator was our first and last touch point with the Resort and she is a perfect example of how the rest of the staff are. Every person we encountered was friendly, courteous and very accomodating. We were treated like celebrities from the moment we arrived until the final check out. They constantly asked how we were doing and if we needed anything. You could tell they have a great passion for serving others.

On their website it says "Trump International Beach Resort is a world of indulgent pleasures waiting for you on the shores of beautiful Miami Beach." Finally, truth in marketing! I will recommend the Trump to all my friends.

And as for a Girls Retreat ... let's just say I highly recommend that too!

Heidi

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now, how did I miss this blog of yours??? I think we need to get a list of ALL the BBDiva blogs!

Anyhoo, wow! The Trump Spa, you lucky girl! And going with your girls had to put it over the top for a get-away! Do you see the envy on my face?

Thanks for stopping by my blog, I look forward to having you call in to my radio show!

Anonymous said...

Heidi,

I'm glad you girls had fun hangin' out! It's always a good thing to get some "me" time. Oh, and I'll make a note of your suggestion for a future Retreat. :)

Anonymous said...

Heidi--

That sounds like a most WONDERFUL experience--especially because you shared it with your daughters! I'm glad you've decided to make it an annual event. Taking time to be together for such a special time is, as they say in the commercial, PRICELESS!

Charlane said...

I am enjoying your blog... learned about through LIPW. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

I had to come back - Pam had a great idea on my radio show - she said some of her friends all had a party and wore their "ugliest bridesmaids dresses" to it for a laugh.
I said now that sounds like a perfect thing for some girly DIVA fun at the next retreat!!
Oh, the fun we could have if we could still get into some of them and doing it at a resort like the Trump Spa - oh boy!