Tuesday, March 18, 2008


Leah Jackman-Wheitner, Ph.D is the leader of Monday Morning Marketing on HER Mastermind Network. In February she asked us the following: If you only had an hour to use for marketing all week this week, what would you do?

And here’s what I wrote:

Leah,

What a great topic... and the funny thing is I have been thinking about it since I first saw your post!

So I wanted to come up with something that would be a little different for my hour, and I did!

Here's what happened:

Today Gina (my office manager) brought her 5 year old daughter to work - she is not feeling well and we have a "kids room" for such times. Anyway last week was her birthday and we have not yet celebrated so I thought it would be a good time to get an ice-cream cake and sing happy birthday to Angelina.

Normally I send a driver to pickup the cakes and today he was not yet back from his deliveries so I decided to go to the local Carvel and pick it up.

While there I asked Roxane (the owner) how business was. She said it was a little off from last year. So I asked if she did coupon advertising (knowing she does) and would she like to include a coupon in all our deliveries and in my business mailings to my customers. She loved the idea and said she would get the coupons together and call me when they were ready.... it get's better!

I asked if she would mind handing out my coupons for free flowers or a $5 discount (the coupon is for either or). She said absolutely! I rushed back to work and gathered the coupons, had a designer make her a vase of orchids and my driver is dropping them off as we speak. This took less than an hour so I had a few minutes to spare and thought I'd write about it here. And btw, I sent a stack of at least 200 coupons which is potentially 200 new customers! We also put a “C” on the back of each coupon so we will know where they came from.

Anyway, that's what I did with my hour!

WHAT WOULD YOU DO if you only had an hour to marketing your company this week?


Heidi

1 comment:

Teresa M said...

Heidi,

Leave it to you to have a great idea about marketing.

For me, I would suggest doing a blog carnival online to promote a new post or conduct a blog "conversation" to spread the information around. And here is the prime example of how to do it...please check out my blog at http://www.keybusinesspartners.com/2008/03/19/marketing-for-1-hr-a-week/

Great time to spread the message of your business while giving others the opportunity to be seen by your readers as well.


Hope you like it!

Sincerely,

Teresa Morrow