Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Women, Wealth and Planning


Today is Wealth Wednesday on HER Mastermind Network and Susan Kildahl, Topic Leader had some great advice to share which I thought would be good to post here as well.


Wealth Wednesdays is all about securing our financial future. Share your wealth-building, budgeting, money-saving tips and resources here.


Here's what Susan Posted:


Our topic today is: What are you doing for yourself, and for your business, to keep your income steady through the holidays. Because let's face it...the holidays can be rough! I work from home, as many of you do. I know that if you provide a service, rather then a product, then you might be finding the holiday months to be tougher then normal.


What can you do?

-keep your marketing efforts strong

-keep your networking efforts strong-follow up even more and plan for 2008 NOW

-keep your one 'to do' list up to dat

e-start your marketing plan now for 2008

-start your networking plan now for 2008


Susan also asked us to share our thoughts and here's what I wrote:


Susan,Great topic! And excellent advice.


I am doing all the things you suggest! Most business owners cut back on marketing and networking efforts during the month of December - retailers might do so because we think we have more business than we can handle, however once the holidays are over, often so are the "sales." I know because I have made that mistake more than once. This year I have 2 networking events a week scheduled for December, I have already completed my marketing plan for 2008 (rough draft) and am an avid "to-do" lister.


I have not yet worked out my networking plan for 2008 so thanks for the reminder! The last week in December is traditionally quiet for my businesses so that's when I look at all those things I accomplished, the things I didn't and still want to (which go on the 2008 list), I prioritize my marketing and networking efforts and I review all the networking organizations and event I participated in to see where I received the greatest "bang for my time and buck."


It is especially important to plan all our strategies and in many cases probably should have begun planning earlier. It is no accident that most large companies create their budgets for the coming year by October! This way know who they can support (other smaller companies, non profits and individuals). I believe that small business owners who model their calendars after largers corporations do better in the long run (at least that is what my clients tell me).


So it's almost December you say, well it's still not too late! January may not even be too late, however, if you wait to plan until you need to plan, it is often too late!I also think that our wealth self-talk and perceptions of aquiring wealth can hold us back. If we truly want to build wealth, we must know our attitude towards and handling of money situations money to begin with!


I also recommend reading the following book "The Girls’ Guide to Building a Million Dollar Business" by my good friend Susan Wilson Solovic, Founder & CEO of SBTV.com. She knows what she's talking about since she has built more than one!


Susan is a Licensed facilitator-Get Clients Now!™ with workshops starting in December. You can find Susan online at: http://www.coachedbysusan.com/


Have a great day... and more!


Heidi

No comments: