Saturday, November 3, 2007

Adding Pictures to Your Blog & Empowerment


“It is better to have failed in something, than succeeded in nothing.” Unknown




WOW! I recently discovered how to add a picture and imbed links in my blogger blog and I feel empowered!


Like a child who just learns to tie her shoes, I feel exhilarated at the very idea that I can add visual personalities to my blog posts! And I never knew how to embed the links until I started playing with my other blogs at wordpress. Because I had someone show me how to do it on wordpress, I started clicking on links in the admin panel and voila'! I found both tools and started using them.

And it was so simple that I asked myself why it took me so long?
One thing I don't do is beat myself up over taking a while to learn something. It is more important to me to celebrate those little successes than to worry about how long it took. Of course, that was not always the case. I am one of those people who wants to learn it yesterday and tend to have very little patience with myself and my own limitations.

How about you? What do you beat yourself up over? What do you do when you learn something new? If it is something technological, I practice it over and over until I feel really comfortable with the new technology. I'd love to hear from you...


Heidi


ps.


When you are in the admin panel in Blogger, there are little icons on the top of the text area. I clicked on the one next to the color chart and a box comes up for links. Further left there are picture icons. One is for adding images and one is for adding video. Videos are next on my list!

If you need a wordpress expert who can help you set up an customize a blog, check out Heidi Caswell's blog, Connect Simply. She is the technology brains behind my other blogs, WE Magazine for Women, Women's Media Summit and my soon-to-be launched Redhead Marketing Blog!



1 comment:

. . . . . said...

Thank you for posting that info. it helped!