Saturday, August 4, 2007

Walk-by Marketing...

"To drive sales to your door, try walking around a bit." Heidi Richards


Since my topic for the Entrepreneurs Virtual Convention is Rose Marketing on a Daisy Budget I thought I'd share one of my marketing tips.... Walk-by Marketing (low-tech Mobile Marketing).

Instead of the usual printed T-shirt, create a tote bag covered with pins & sayings about the GREAT advantages of doing business with your company - Fill the bag with your sales materials such as catalogs, order forms, business cards, promotional CDs and other items.

Carry this with you when you attend trade fairs and other appropriate networking events. Hand out when the opportunity is right. I often carry one or two copies of my books in my tote bag and give to the hostess/host of the event as a thank you or as a "raffle" prize. I also have one for each of my businesses and my books.

You can buy an inexpensive canvas tote at a local discount department store and take it to your local screen printing company (or embroider) and have them do it. Call first to ask them the requirements - have your sayings and logo created in a gif (or pdf)fromat, and put it on a CD.

Don't have time to take it to your local screen printer? CAFE Press also has a couple of totes and you can upload your file to and create (however I don't recommend the yellow tote) the colors don't come out the same.

Carry the tote with you and viola'! Walk-by Marketing is Born!

Have a great day!

Heidi Richards, Founder & CEO, The WECAI Network™ - http://www.wecai.org/

No comments: